Sarah Jurkovic, Psy.D., LP, HSP
Dr. Sarah Jurkovic is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who earned her doctoral degree from Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL in 2014, and her undergraduate degree from Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN in 2009. Sarah enjoys working with children, adolescents, families, and adults across the lifespan. While she typically will use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as the foundation for her treatment, because she knows that every person is unique and has varying needs, Sarah will tailor your treatment plan to meet your individual goals and may utilize additional forms of treatment (i.e. family systems, humanistic, psychodynamic).
Sarah enjoys working with clients who are dealing with a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, school problems, life transitions, adjustment disorders, trauma, and more. During her post-doctoral trainings, Sarah received specialized training in identifying and treating clients dealing with Selective Mutism and Social Phobia. Due to the nature of these disorders and the importance of early intervention, Sarah will work with families of children as young as preschool aged for concerns regarding Selective Mutism.
Dr. Sarah is a participating provider ("on panel") with BCBSM and Blue Care Network. If you have questions about insurance coverage, please call our office at (734) 426-0032 and select Option 1 to be transferred to our billing service.
Fun facts about Dr. Jurkovic:
- During my clinical training I have worked in schools/therapeutic day schools, inpatient hospitals, residential facilities, community mental health, private practice, long term nursing care for older adults with psychiatric issues, and not-for-profit organizations.
- I completed and maintain additional training to be a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional.
- I am a proud Purdue Boilermaker, so if you’re hesitant about coming in because of whether I’m rooting for the Wolverines or Spartans during football season you have nothing to worry about.
- I use She/Her/Hers pronouns, and while I do not specialize in treating issues within the LGBTQ+ community, I am an ally.
- I’m a bit of a geek; conversations about Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Lord of the Rings, anime, and Pokemon are always welcome.
- I have always been active in sports and currently participate in obstacle course races such as the Spartan Race and other fun runs. I was a competitive gymnast growing up and later became a gymnastics coach for both club gymnastics and sleep-away summer camp.
- My husband and I are the parents of two beautiful highly active children who amaze us more every day.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and limitations of working from home, Dr. Jurkovic is able to respond more quickly to emails than to phone calls at this time. To contact her directly for questions about her services or to schedule an appointment, please email her at: email@example.com